A high-speed internet connection is one of the most important things that we pursue in this fast age. It is what every person wants, in their homes or their offices around the world. And for getting a seamless internet connection, most people rely on network routers. TP-Link is one of the best brands for that and if you have bought a brand new router from them. Then, in this article, you are going to find out how you can perform the TP-Link router setup.
This is going to be important for a lot of different reasons and we have covered all of that here. But at the same time, this TP-Link wireless router setup is also going to work flawlessly. Don’t worry even in case if you have an old TP-Link router in place of a brand new one.
So, carefully read on through this article as if you do so. Then, you probably will not have to go to professional tech support for this.
Why You Might Need to Carry Out the TP-Link Router Setup ?
As you will know that TP-Link routers are among the best routers that you can buy. The reason for that is the highly useful features that you can get from these routers. But, that is not the be all and end all of the benefits you can get by using TP-Link routers. The reliability factor also comes in, which is as important as all the other, if not more. And to be able to get all of this, you will need to perform the TP-Link router setup.
Now, it is only after you perform the setup of your TP-Link router will you be able to use the router well and good. And with that, you will be able to enjoy a seamless and high-speed internet connection.
Other than that, there is another important reason to carry out this router setup. And that is to avoid a lot of the technical glitches with the router that you might have faced otherwise.
So, now that you know why you should set up your TP-Link router as soon as you get it. Let us now go ahead and have a look at all the steps of the process.
How to Perform the TP-Link Router Setup? Stepwise Guide
In this section of the article, we have laid down all the steps that you are going to need. Read these steps carefully and then execute them to complete the router setup.:
- On your TP-Link router, connect a modem by means of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, plug your router to a source of power and look for the power switch on the back side. Once you find it, tap on that button to turn the power of the device on.
- Open your computer and then connect to the internet signal from your TP-Link router from the connection section.
- Go to the web browser that you use and in the address panel, type in tplinkwifi.net. Hit the Enter key after that and you will get to the login window.
- In the login window of your TP-Link router, enter the username and the password in the respective sections. Both of them are going to be admin by the way.
- Click on the Login button to log in to the configuration window of TP-Link.
- As the login window comes up, look for the Quick Setup section and select it. After that, click on the Next button to start the process.
- Look for the Wireless Network Name field and enter the SSID you want to use.
- Then, under the WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK section, enter the password that you would want to use for securing the network.
- Now, click on the Next button and finally click on the Finish button.
Now, you will find that the router has disconnected from the network. So, you will have to connect to that network again with the new username and password that you have set.
Once you connect to that internet signal, that is when the setup is going to be complete.
But, this is not over completely and you will have to take a few measures to completely secure the connection. Here are all the steps you are going to need for that –
- From your web browser, go to the tplinkwifi.net website.
- In the login window, enter all the login information as usual and click on the Login button.
- Now in the configuration window of TP-Link which appears in front of you. Look for the System Tools option to the left and click on it to expand the section.
- Under that, look for the Password option and then click on it.
- To make changes in that, you would first have to enter the login information as before.
- Now, in the window that appears, look for the New Username section and type in the new username.
- Similarly, in the New Password and Confirm New Password section, set the new password that you want to. Make sure to set it such that it will be rather difficult to figure out for anyone else.
- To save these, look for the Save button and then click on it.
After you do this, the system is going to automatically log out from the TP-Link account. You will have to log in all over again. This time, you will have to do that with all the new login information you have set.
Other than all these, one final thing to take note of is the Wifi Protected Setup feature.
With this, you are going to be able to log in to your TP-Link router without needing any WPA2 key.
There can be mainly one reason for which you might want to use this. That is if, for any reason, you are concerned with the physical security of the router.
Otherwise, the best thing to do will be to deactivate it altogether. To do that, look for the WPS navigation bar and click on the WPS option from there.
You are going to find the Disable WPS option there, which you have to click on to complete this.
And this completes the process for TP-Link router setup.