Among all well-known router brands, Netgear is the best one. It is capable of delivering brilliant performance. Irrespective of its excellent features, you can still get some issue over time. And, one such issue that you face is the Netgear error 1605. Once this error code occurs, you will not be able to access the device. Therefore, you need to resolve it right away.
In this article, you will get the steps that will help you to resolve the Netgear issue. Here, we will discuss some of the causes too that will help you to fix error 1605. Therefore, keep reading this article.
Possible Reasons behind the Netgear Error 1605
Knowing the causes will help you to understand work. Therefore, have a look at the causes responsible for error 1605:
- The most common reason is an issue with the internet connection.
- In addition to that, if there is an issue with the firmware of the Netgear router, then you get this error.
- If the Router Driver is out of date or corrupted, then also you encounter this error code.
- In case there is an issue with the sign-in process, then also you encounter this problem.
- Another reason that can be responsible for this r error code is dirt and dust accumulation.
Methods to Resolve the Netgear Genie Error 1605
There are some easy methods that you can try to fix this error code 1605. You have to perform all the steps carefully without skipping any. Therefore, look at the methods discussed below:
Method 1: Power Restart the Netgear router
You can resolve most of the minor errors of the Netgear routers by restarting it. Hence, follow the steps given here:
- Press and hold down the Power button of your Netgear router. Wait till all the lights go off and the router completely turns off.
- Once the router turns off, unplug the power cord from the power outlet.
- After that, unplug the Ethernet cable from the system and the router.
- Now, you have to wait for 5 to 10 minutes and then plug in the power cord.
- Again, press and hold down the Power button of the router. This will turn on the Netgear router.
- As the Netgear router turns on, you have to connect it to the system.
- After that, check if the Netgear error 1605 is still there or not.
Method 2: Reset the Netgear Router to its Default Settings
You can also reset the Router Settings to its default. Doing so can eliminate this error code. Hence, have a look at the points that we have provided below:
- First of all, switch off the Netgear router by pressing the Power button. Now, unplug the Power cord from the power outlet.
- After that, you have to unplug the Ethernet cable from both the computer and the modem.
- Now, plug in the power cable of the Netgear router to the power outlet. After that, you have to turn on the device.
- Take a paper clip and press the Reset button. You will find it on the back side of the router.
- Now, keep pressing the reset button till the power light of the Netgear router becomes steady.
- Plug in the Ethernet cable to the computer and the modem.
- Next, you have to open the Netgear router’s home page. Login by using the default username and password. The default username and password will be printed at the back of the Netgear router.
- After doing all this, you have to check if the Netgear error 1605 is still there or not.
Method 3: Update the Netgear Router Driver
In case the Netgear Router Driver is out of date, then a number of issues can occur. Hence, update the Router Driver to its latest version. Perform the steps that are given below:
- At first, you have to connect the Netgear router to the computer. After that, open Device Manager from the Start menu.
- As the Device manager window opens, you have to search for the Netgear Router Driver. On finding, right-click on it.
- After that, click on the Update driver software from the list of options.
- Now, click on the first option. After that, you have to wait for the driver update process to complete.
- Once the driver update finishes, restart both the system and the Netgear router.
- After that, check if the Netgear error 1605 still occurs or not.
Method 4: Update the Firmware of the Netgear Router
The firmware is important as it is responsible for the performance of the router. Therefore, in order to fix this issue, update the firmware to its latest version. Follow the steps given below:
- First of all, launch any web browser. Here, we recommend that you connect the Netgear router to the system by using an Ethernet cable.
- Once the web browser window opens, type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar. After that, hit the Enter key form the system’s keyboard.
- In the next step, you have to enter the username and password of the Netgear router home page.
- Navigate to the Advanced section and then proceed to the Administration section.
- Now, locate and then click on the Firmware Update option. After that, you have to click on the Check button in the new window.
- If there is any firmware update available, then click on the Yes button.
- Now, the Netgear router will restart and the firmware will be updated to its latest version. This may take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the firmware is updated to its latest version, check if you still face the Netgear error 1605.
To conclude, these are the methods that you can perform to fix the Netgear error 1605 in no time. Moreover, these methods are to the point and are ultimate in resolving this error. However, if you have more queries, then you can use the comments section.