Linksys error 2118 is one of the commonly encountered error code that users face quite often. This particular error code occurs with your device when you are trying to configure a Linksys router after purchasing it. If you go through the entire article you will find that there are several reasons behind this error to occur.
No matter whatever the reason is, the problem should be fixed at the earliest. So, if you are also one of the same who are encountering this error, then this article is the right place for you to get rid of the error. Hence, have a thorough look at the rest of the article.
Why Linksys Error 2118 Occur?
There are various reasons that are responsible for the Linksys error 2118. To know, have a deep look at the points mentioned hereunder.
- Unstable or poor internet
- If the routers are not configured properly.
- Outdated firmware.
- Outdated WLAN Card Driver.
- Virus or malware attack.
Reliable Solutions to Fix Linksys Error 2118- Stepwise Instructions
If you are facing the same error code with your Linksys device, then follow the methods that are described below. User can also fix the error by resetting the router to its factory defaults.
Solution 1: Check the IPV6 Settings
This is the basic method to fix Linksys error 2118. Thus, go through these steps:
- The first thing you have to do is to navigate to the “Linksys cloud Account”.
- Then, move to the “Router Settings” option when the Linksys Cloud account tab will launch on the screen.
- After that, select “Connectivity” from the Router Settings section.
- Then, navigate to the “Internet Settings” icon. You can find this option in the Connectivity tab.
- Now, move to choose the IPV6 and tap on the Disable icon as well.
- After completing all the steps, you have to reboot your device for the first time and let your device to turn on automatically.
- Finally, check if you are still getting the same error code or not.
Solution 2: Disable the Antivirus Software
By any case, if your device is attacked by malware or virus, then you may encounter Linksys EA6500 unexpected error 2118 as well. For this reason, antivirus conflicts with some software, as a result, it stops working. On that occasion, you have to disable that software and resolve the issue. First of all, click on the icon “Settings”. You can find this under the option “Start” menu. After that, choose the “Update & Security” option. Then, navigate to the “Windows Security”. This icon located on the left side of the display of the device and tap on “Open Windows Defender Security Center.” Then, click on that option and open the Windows Defender’s Settings. After that have a click on “Virus & Threat Protection Settings.” Now, tap on the three options that are “Real-Time Protection,” “Cloud-Delivered Protection” and “Automatic Sample Submission” to turn off the Windows Defender. Finally, restart your device and check if you are still confronting the same error code or not.
Solution 3: Change your Router Encryption from WPA2 Personal to WPA- PSK
If the above method is not helpful for you then, this is the ultimate methods in order to fix the issue. Therefore, implement as instructed below:
- At the first step, launch the Web browser and navigate to the Linksys official page.
- Now, open the Login page as well.
- After that, you have to give the username and password in the Login page.
- Now, click on the Wireless option and then, move to choose the Wireless Security icon.
- Then, move to the Security Model menu and select a security mode as well.
- Pick WPA/WPA2/Mixed and change the settings from there.
- After that, you have to open the WiFi on your device and verify if the same error code still annoying you or not.
Here, we discussed the three most effective methods that will help you to get rid of Linksys unexpected error 2118. You can try one of these solutions one by one until the error code gets completely solved. Expectedly, implementing the above steps will be beneficial for you. But somehow, if any confusion arises on your mind then you can write to us. Moreover, you can also take an expert’s guidance as well.