Linksys router error 321 is one of the most common technical glitches that are encountered by most of the users. Generally while trying to install the Linksys router with the help of the installation CD, the error pops up. This error displays with a message that the system is not attached to the router properly or the link between the system and the router is not working properly. Moreover, if any third party security software is installed on the system then this error code also appears. Sometimes, due to the corrupted Windows system file can also be the cause of this error code. So, if you are also struggling with this error code then stick to this article. Here, we are going to tell you all the procedures that can help you to get rid of the error 321 occuring on the system.
Procedures for Eradicating Linksys Router Error 321:
When you try to install the Linksys router on the system, at first, it is essential to reboot the system. After rebooting the system you need to install the Linksys router and then check whether the problem is still there or not. If not, then you can follow the under mentioned procedures to fix this problem on your computer.
Procedure 1 – Check the Connection
After getting this error code on the system, you need to check whether the connection between router and system are properly connected or not. Sometimes, due to a loose connection the error 321 arises. So, you have to disconnect all the connection and then reconnect it again. After reconnecting this, try to install the router with the CD and then check whether the error code is fixed or not.
Procedure 2 – Run the Installation CD Again
When you encounter the Linksys router error 321 on the system you need to again run the installation CD. Simply remove the CD and restart the system. After restarting the system, again insert the installation CD in the CD port and then try to run it. If still the error persists, follow the next method.
Procedure 3 – Turn off Windows Defender Firewall
Sometimes, the Windows Defender Firewall can prevent the router from installing correctly. Before installing this, you have to turn it off. Follow the instructions which are cited below:
- At first, hold down the Windows key and press the S key to open the Search Panel.
- Type Control Panel in the Search box and then hit the Enter button on the keyboard.
- From the Control Panel application, double-click on the Windows Firewall section.
- In the Windows Firewall window, click on the Turn Windows Firewall On and Off option on the left side panel.
- On the right side window, go to the Public Network Settings and Private Network Settings section and then click on the Turn off Windows Firewall button from both. After that, you can see the OK option, click on it to save it.
- Once done, you can try to install the router and then check whether the error code persists or not.
Procedure 4 – Remove the Security Software
If the security software is installed on the system then you can get the Linksys router error 321. So, you should uninstall the security software from your computer. To uninstall it follow the instructions which are given below:
- First of all, press the Windows button and X key together to launch the WinX menu list.
- In the WinX Menu list, you can see the Control Panel application, select it.
- When the Control Panel window opens, double click on the Programs and Features tab.
- Find the Security software, select it from the Programs and Features window. After that, select the Uninstall option to remove it. Now the uninstallation process has begun.
- Once the task is completed, reboot the device and then check if the error code has been fixed or not.
Procedure 5 – Update the Windows Operating System
Due to the older version of the Operating System, this error code can occur on the system. So, when you try to install the router you should check whether the Operating System is updated or not. If not, then immediately update the system. To do so follow the steps:
- At first, you need to open the Settings application by pressing the Windows button and I button.
- When the Settings application opens, you will see the Update and Security section, double-click on it.
- In the Update and Security window, go to the left side menu list and select the Update tab.
- From the Update tab, you will see an option Check for updates option, click on it to check whether the update is available or not.
- If yes, then you will get a button Update, select it to begin the update.
- After completing the update process, restart your computer and try to install the router.
Procedure 6 – Configure DHCP connection
This is an alternative procedure that you can use on the system to fix the Linksys router error 321 on your computer. Hence, follow the steps:
- Firstly, disconnect the Linksys router from the Power supply.
- After that, press the Windows Key and R button to open the Run dialog box.
- Type Ncpa.cpl and then click on the OK option or hit the Enter button.
- Next, select the Local Area Connection button.
- In the Local Area Connection Properties window, move the cursor to the Networking tab, select it.
- After that, click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 button to open the Properties window.
- When the Properties window opens, select the ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ and ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’ button. Then you need to select the OK button to save it.
- Once you are done with these steps, connect the Linksys router to the Power supply and then try to install it again.
Procedure 7 – Reset the TCP/IP Settings
By resetting the TCP/IP Settings you can easily fix this error code on your PC. To reset it follow these directions:
- Go to the Search Panel, type Command Prompt and right click on it.
- Select the Run as administrator button from that list.
- Type ‘Netsh int ip reset default.txt’ in the Command Prompt window and then hit the Enter key to reset the TCP/IP settings.
- After completing this, reboot the device.
Procedure 8 – Install the Linksys Router without Installation CD
If the above-mentioned procedures did not work out then you can try to install the router without the installation CD. If you install the router without this, then chances are higher to resolve this error. So, try the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to connect the system to the router’s Ethernet Port and another cable you can connect the modem to the router’s Internet port.
- Next, visit the Linksys router official page and enter the Model Number of your router.
- After that, download it and then install it.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned procedures will enough to get rid of the Linksys router error 321. After reading this article, you can quickly eliminate this error code from the device. So, do not waste any time, do these steps on your PC in order to fix this error.