Asus router is a leading brand of routers for its remarkable features and high-end specifications. It can satisfy the needs of an individual as well as those who are running an organization. Asus router offers more or less flawless performance and has wide network coverage. Many Asus router users are wondering how to sync the Asus router with NTP server. NTP is the abbreviation for Network Time Protocol that facilitates the synchronization of a computer clock over the internet. As a result, the NTP automatically sets the correct time for your computer to carry on other functions properly. If NTP fails to work, then it won’t detect the exact time and the implementation of NTP will stop. Those who are encountering issues while syncing the Asus router with the NTP server, they can follow this article for your reference.
Process of How to Sync Asus Router with NTP Server
We have discussed the entire process into some simple steps which are as follows:
1. Find the NTP Server for your Router
- To begin with, this step, open a web browser and copy paste ‘http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome’ in the address bar and press ‘Enter.’
- On the homepage, navigate to the ‘Finding a time server’ section and click on the ‘Browsing the list’ link.
- Search for a hyperlink you would like to use and select it. For example, you can choose ‘Public NTP Pool Time Servers’ hyperlink or something similar to this.
- Go through the table displayed on the web page and select the link allocated for Asia.
- After that, locate ‘tw.pool.ntp.org’ that is Taiwan’s NTP server router.
- In the last step, copy and paste ‘tw.pool.ntp.org’ in the filled for ‘NTP Server.’
2. Log in to the Web Interface of your Router
- Open a web browser and enter the URL for the official link of your router in the Address bar.
- As the ‘Administrative’ page appears, you will be prompted to provide the default username and password for your router.
- Scroll down to the ‘Administrative’ section and click the drop-down arrow next to the ‘Basic Configuration’ menu.
- Choose ‘Time Zone’ under the ‘Basic Configuration’ menu and set a valid time zone as well as the correct time.
3. Enter your Router’s Domain Name
- On the ‘Administrative’ page of your router, go to the ‘Router’ field.
- Enter the domain name or IP address in the NTP server filed and tap the ‘Next’ button.
- It resets all the router settings to their default in order to sync the router with the NTP server.
- Make sure that you have entered the values for your router correctly and hit the ‘Apply’ button.
- After saving the changes, restart both your router and computer.
- Check whether the computer is displaying an accurate time or not. If so, then the sync between your Asus router and NTP server is successful.
Hope, this article is able to guide you regarding how to sync the Asus router with NTP server. Invest some of your time to share your experience with us. Furthermore, for any sort of queries, feel free to leave feedback in the comment section below.