There are many types of operations and functions that you can perform on the TP-Link router and the IP address customization is one of them. Usually, you can set your IP address in two from, one is Static IP Address and the other one is Dynamic IP Address. Both of them have their own advantages and disadvantages. And it totally depends on you, which IP address type you want to set for your TP-Link router.
Now if you want to know how to set a static IP address on TP-Link router, then follow this article. This is because we have provided the best ways to perform that here. Now, without wasting any time let’s have a look at them.
How to Set Static IP Address on TP-Link Router?
In order to set a static IP address on your TP-link router, you need to follow some simple instructions and they are provided in the area below. But before that, you need to find the TP-link router IP address and to do that follow the given steps underneath.
Default IP Address Of The Router On Windows
To find out the default IP address of TP-Link router on your Windows OS based system, follow as instructed below.
- Press the Windows key + R key to open the Run Dialog Box. Then type “ cmd” on it and hit the OK button or the Enter key. This will launch the Command prompt windows on the screen.
- In that window, you need to type “ipconfig” and then hit the Enter key.
- Instantly, a message will appear on the screen. In that message area, you need to locate that IP address which given next to the Default Gateway option.
This is because that is the default IP address of your TP-link router.
Here is another alternative method for the IP locating task, hence do the following.
- Right-click on the Network icon and open the context menu. In that menu, you will get the Open network and sharing center option. Click on it.
- A new window will appear on the screen. There click on that link which is present next to the Connections option.
- The Wireless Network Connection Status pop-up window will appear on the screen. In that window, you need to click on the Details button.
Now, a new pop-up box will appear on the screen. In that box, you will find the default IP address of your router next to the IPv4 Default gateway.
Default IP Address Of The Router On Mac
Now, if you are using a Mac OS based system then follow the given steps to locate the TP-link router IP address.
- Go to the utility window and click on the Terminal option.
- This will then open the Terminal window on the screen. There you need to type “netstat -nr | grep default” and hit the Enter key
- Instantly, you will get the default IP address of the router next to the default option.
You can also use this alternative method to find the IP address of your TP-link router. Hence, perform the steps cited below:
- Click on the Apple menu and select the System Preferences option from the scroll down.
- In the System Preferences window, click on the Network References option.
- A new window will appear on the screen. There you need to click on the Wi-Fi option and hit on the Advanced button.
- Now, the Network window will appear on the screen. In that window, tap on the TCP/IP tab and then locate the Router option. This is because besides that option you will get the default IP address of your router.
Set The Static IP Address
Once you get the default IP address of your TP-link, you are good to go with the Static IP Address setup process and the instructions are provided below.
- Open your desired browser application and type the default IP address of your TP-link router in the address bar. Then hit the Enter button. The Administrative page will come up on the browser. Usually, the default IP address of the router is 192.168.22.1.
- In the Administrative page, first type-in your login credentials in order to unlock the page.
- Once the page in unlocked, tap on the Setup tab and enter into it.
- Inside that tab, you need to select the Connection Type option and change it to Static IP. Now, you will find that option under the Connection Type section.
- After doing that, enter the values of WAN IP Address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway information into their respective place. You will get those values from your Internet service provider ( ISP).
Now, click on the Save button and wait for a few moments for the page to reload. Once it does that, click on the Apply Settings options. Once you are done, you can easily start using your TP-Link router again.
We hope that the methods that are provided above are helpful to you regarding your queries related to how to set the static IP address on the TP-Link router. But, if you need more information on this topic or any other tech-related stuff then keep following our upcoming articles.