Dlink is one of the global networking company who delivers high-quality router. Dlink routers offer a great user-friendly interface that makes it more reliable. Despite its brilliant features, you may encounter Dlink router not working error quite often. This particular issue not only occurs with the old router but sometimes even after purchasing a new router, users face the same error. You will not be able to connect to the internet if the error appears.
Unfortunately, if you are also encountering the same issue then this is the right place to get rid of the problem without any delay. In case you are unaware of the solutions, then this article is the ultimate choice of yours. Follow each and every solution and fix the problem on your own.
Dlink Router not Working? Know the Probable Reasons
There are several causes that are responsible for encountering this router not working issue. Hence, it is necessary to find out the reasons in order to resolve the problem efficiently. Therefore, take a look below:
- By any case, if you are connected with an unstable network then it is quite possible that your Dlink router stops working. An unexpected breakdown of internet connectivity restricts you to work properly with your router.
- If there is any hardware related problem with the LED or the router, then also you can face the same issue. On such case, you have to go to the login page and check the status of your router as well.
- Due to any problems with the power supply such as hardware impairment with the power cable can also be the reason for Dlink router not working issue.
- If your device gets attacked by virus or malware then it is pretty possible that you can also encounter the same glitch with your Dlink router.
Easy ways to Repair when you find Dlink Router not Working:
Here in this section, we are going to discuss some effective methods that can help you to solve the issue. Have a deep look at the entire section and follow one by one.
Solution 1: Basic Troubleshooting
This is the primary method to fix the issue quickly. The first and foremost thing that you have to do is to, detach the power cable and keep waiting for 30 seconds and then plug in the cable again. Now, you have to restart your router for the first time. After a few minutes, switch on both of your router and the computer. Finally, check if your Dlink router is now working or not.
Solution 2: Check WiFi Security Settings
In case if you are using a wireless router then this is the perfect solution to fix the Dlink router wireless not working issue. But if you are using wired router then it is recommended to ignore the steps.
- First of all, tap on the Wireless option and then choose the Encryption.
- After that, click on the drop-down arrow and choose Security Mode as well.
- In case if you find the option is selected as disabled then you have to enable it.
- Now, select one of the menus such as “64bit WEP,” “128bit WEP,” “WEP/PA2-Personal,” “WPA PSK” or the “WEP” or “WPA” mode.
- At the last step, navigate to the Taskbar and select Wireless option. Then, you have to click on the “Connect” icon and also verify if the problem with the Dlink router gets fixed or still showing.
Solution 3: Create a new Connection with Dlink Router
In case if the above methods are not helpful for you then follow this one.
- At first, you have to do is to, execute the Dlink router login.
- Then, choose the adapter settings option by clicking on it.
- Now, disable that icon and enable it for once more time. It will help you to solve the issue.
- Afterward, you need to set up both the IPv4 and Internet Protocol to Automatic.
- Now, exit from the present window and check if you are still getting the same or not.
We assume that this entire tutorial will guide you to get rid of the Dlink router wireless not working issue. But if you still need any further help then we recommend you to consult with an expert and get the most proficient tricks. Moreover, you can also leave your valuable feedback in the comment box that is given below.