Keeping the Wi-Fi connection on the Netgear router protected is essential for the integrity of the system and the information saved on it. Hence, it’s better to configure the Netgear router correctly so that the broadcast signal is encrypted. When encryption is enabled, then only those users can authenticate with the router who has the proper login credentials. Therefore, set the Netgear router to broadcast authentication by generating an encryption code using the Web-based interface. This authentication process is not free from random flaws. Netgear authentication problem is a common problem faced by several users while trying to connect devices like smartphones, laptops even after providing the proper login credentials.
Therefore, if you also face the same issue, then nothing to get worried about this. Here in this article, we are going to provide some of the possible ways which can help you to fix the authentication problems of your Netgear router. Hence, you are advised to go through the article given below. So, let’s start.
Know the Root Causes of Netgear Authentication Problem:
Before implementing the solutions, it is essential to know the probable causes behind the problem. It also becomes easy to fix an issue when you know the specific reason behind its occurrence. So, let’s have a look at the points mentioned below:
- This problem can happen when there is a problem with the configuration settings of the router.
- You can also face the Netgear router authentication problem if the login credentials you have provided does not suit with the original ones.
- If the router’s firmware is out-of-date, then it also might be the reason behind this issue.
- If there is any problem with the hardware of the router, then you can also encounter this error.
Now, you are aware of the probable causes behind this problem. Hence, you just need some hacks to fix the Netgear authentication problem.
Easy Tips and Tricks to Fix the Netgear Router Authentication Problem
There are a lot of ways to fix this Netgear authentication problem. Hence, you need to have a glance at the troubleshooting hacks explained below:
Procedure 1: Update the Firmware of the Netgear Router
You might face the Netgear authentication problem if you do not update the firmware of the router since a while. Thus, it is better to fix this problem by updating the firmware of your Netgear router. Here are the steps what you have to do:
- At first, launch your default web browser. Then, you need to go to the official website of Netgear.
- Now, move the cursor to the search field and type the model number of your Netgear router to fix it with ‘firmware.’
- On the next window, scroll down the list of the firmware and find the specific one for your device. You will now easily find it using the model number of your router.
- Next, you should download the latest firmware for your router device. When the downloading process completes, install it by following the on-screen guidance.
Once the installation process finishes, you need to restart the router to inspect whether the issue is still in the same position or not. If the issue persists, then you should move on to further methods.
Procedure 2: Reset the Wi-Fi Connection
According to some users, they have fixed the Netgear router authentication problem by resetting the broadcast connection. To correct this problem, you should perform the steps as follows:
- At first, hit the I and Windows key both at the same time from the keyboard to open the Settings window. Else, you can also go to the Start menu and tap on the gear-shaped Settings icon.
- On the next window, navigate to the ‘Network & Internet’ section. Now, choose the ‘Wi-Fi’ option under the ‘Network & Internet’ window.
- Next, tap on the ‘Show available networks’ option from the same window. As a result, it will show a complete list of the Wi-Fi networks that are detected by the system previously. Select any of the networks that you wish to connect from the current page.
- After that, right-click on the selected Wi-Fi network and choose the ‘Forget’ option from the list.
- To find the network and connect it you should turn the ‘Wi-Fi’ off by going to the ‘Settings’ window. Then, enter the login credentials to connect the Wi-Fi network.
After completing the above process, restart the router and check if the issue has been resolved or not. If you see that the issue still appears, then perform the further procedure discussed below.
Procedure 3: Change the Configuration Settings of the Broadcast Network
You can encounter the Netgear authentication problem also due to an incorrect IP address. Hence, you should change the configuration settings of the broadcast network to fix this problem. To do that, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- First, move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the window and tap on the Start logo. Then, tap on the gear-shaped Setting icon located above the ‘Power’ icon. It will open the ‘Settings’ window.
- Go to the ‘Network & Internet’ section under the Settings window. Look at the left side of the window and tap on the ‘Wi-Fi’ option. Now, on the next window, tap on the ‘Change adapter’ option by going to the ‘Related settings’ window.
- Next, you have to select the network adapter that is connected currently with the system and right-click on it. Then, select the ‘Properties’ option from the popup list. It will navigate you to the ‘Wi-Fi Properties’ window. Now, you will see the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)’ option on the list. Click twice on it.
- On the next window, you will see the same option named by ‘Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) Properties.’ Tap on it. Now, you should select the ‘Obtain an IP address automatically’ option. After that, click on the ‘Obtain DNS server address automatically’ option.
- Now, tap on the OK button. Press the Alt and F4 key simultaneously from the keyboard to exit from the current window.
After that, restart the system to apply the changes. Now, you should try to connect the Wi-Fi network to check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If the problem still persists, then go to the next solution.
Procedure 4: Change the Wrong Credentials of the Wi-Fi Network
If you enter wrong passwords which do not suit the present database, then you can meet the ‘Netgear authentication problem’ issue. To fix this problem, you have to follow the steps given below:
- At first, select the broadcast network where you have entered the incorrect login credentials by going to the Wi-Fi icon on the taskbar.
- After that, right-click on the Wi-Fi icon and tap on the ‘Forget’ option to eliminate the login credentials of the wireless network.
- Now, turn the Wi-Fi network off and then wait for a few minutes. Then, turn the Wi-Fi network on. Pick the broadcast network from the list which you prefer to connect.
- Next, you have to enter the password of the login credential which is ‘Password’. Try to enter the right password to connect with the broadcast network.
After that, you should restart the system to save the changes. Try to connect the network to check whether the issue persists or not. If the issue still appears, then perform the further procedure.
Procedure 5: Perform a Factory Reset of the Netgear Router
After trying all the solutions above, if you are still not able to connect the system with the wireless network, then the last option that you should perform is a factory reset of your Netgear router. To perform this, you should follow the steps given below:
- While turning the router on, you should go back side of the router. There you will see a hole or small button labeled by ‘Reset.’
- After that, either insert a clip on the hole or click the button. Hold it for at least 10 seconds until you will see that the ‘Power’ light started to blink.
- After waiting 10 seconds, you should release it. Now, wait until the ‘Power’ light to become stable.
- Once the power light is stable, it indicates that the router is set to the default settings. Hence, now you can easily adjust the configuration settings as you wish.
After that, restart the router and try to connect with the system to check whether the ‘Netgear authentication problem’ issue is resolved.
In the above guide, we have discussed some of the possible ways to fix the Netgear authentication problem. We hope if you implement the above-mentioned ways in their corresponding order, then it will definitely help you to put an end to this bug. After successfully performing the above methods, if you are still facing any other kinds of trouble, then you need to seek help from a tech expert for further assistance. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.