Linksys router not found is one of the most common error which generally takes place when you are trying to connect your router with your computer. Well, there are more than one reasons due to which you can confront this error. First and the foremost reason is due to the overheating issue of your router. Besides that, you can also get this error due to some glitch present in the TCP/IP Stack.
Therefore, if you are one of the sufferers of this error, then this article is your ultimate rescue. With the effective hacks mentioned in this article, you will be easily able to resolve the error thereby making your router work seamlessly.
Fixes for Linksys Router Not Found Error:
There are more than one reliable fixing methods using which you can easily overcome Linksys router not found error. Hence, go through them thoroughly and implement one by one to get rid of the error instantly.
Method 1: Check the Overheating Issue of Your Router
It may happen that, your device fails to recognize the router because of your wireless router can’t work properly due to it’s overheating issue. In that case, try to place your router at a cooler place or a fan in order to cool it down.
Method 2: Restart your Linksys Router
You can also restart your router to resolve this issue. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- First of all, turn off your router as well as you need to disconnect the router power cable from the power source.
- Now, wait for some time until your computer drains power to your router.
- Once you are done with the steps, you need to connect the router power cable to the power source.
- After that, turn on your router.
- Again, connect your device to your wireless network and check if it works fine or not. Hopefully, it will resolve the issue, if not, then move to the next method.
Method 3: Reset Your Linksys Router
Due to incorrect settings, your computer won’t be able to use the wireless feature of it. In order to resolve this issue, you need to reset your router. But before proceeding with this step, take note that, your personal configurations and settings will be lost after your reset your router.
- First of all, you need to tap and hold the reset button of the router which you are using.
- Once you are done with the steps, you need to release the button and then wait for some time until your router restarts.
- After that, you have to use your computer in order to set up a network configuration on your router.
Hopefully, this solution will work for you, if not, there are other fixes which you can try.
Method 4: Reset the TCP/IP Stack
You can also reset the TCP/IP Stack to resolve this error. On that note, try to follow these steps:
- At first, you need to press Win+X at the same time, in order to launch the Jump List as well as choose Command Prompt (Admin).
- After that, you need to type the command lines which are listed below into the box and press the Enter button to continue.
netsh int ip reset reset.log
netsh winsock reset catalog
- Wait for some time until it finishes it’s job, and restart your computer.
Method 5: Update Network Drivers
It can also happen that, you are getting this error if you are using an incorrect version of network drivers. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to go to the start button and launch the search bar.
- In the search bar, type “Update Device Driver”.
- Now, in this new Window, you will be able to see a list of installed drivers which are present in your device.
- From that list, you have to choose the network driver.
- Now, tap on the Network driver which you want to update.
- After completing all of these steps, you have to check whether you are able to fix this issue or not. Hopefully, you will be able to fix this particular error.
That’s all for Linksys router not found error. We hope this troubleshooting guide will help you to eliminate this error in a proper way. In case, if this error persists then there might be something wrong with the hardware of your router. Therefore, seek help from a tech-savvy person.