The Linksys error code 323 appears when the router is not detected by the setup disk. This error code also occurs due to the improper configuration of the network. On the other hand, a corrupt registry entry is also responsible for the error. Moreover, the corrupted setup disk can also cause error code 323. Additionally, the configuration of the IP address is another troublesome factor of this annoying situation. Sometimes, you might encounter this error after changing the password of the router.
If you are in the same situation, then this article will help you to resolve the issue. It is a common error. So, using some simple hacks can help you to overcome this issue quickly. This post includes several guidelines in order to fix the error 323. So, go through them.
Easy Troubleshooting Methods to Resolve the Linksys Error Code 323
If you are getting the Linksys error code 323, you can find all the possible steps here in order to solve the issue. So, if you are searching for reliable solutions, just go through the next section and try them accordingly.
Fix 1: Use the Web-Based Setup Page
The first thing that you should try is to configure the web-based setup page manually. To perform the action, go through the following section.
- At first, launch a web browser and enter the IP address of the router in the address bar. Press the Enter button. If the IP address does not work properly, then you need to check the IP address from the official website of the Linksys router.
- Now, put the login credentials appropriately in the blank space. Also, enter the default password.
- After that, the web-based setup page of the router will appear on the screen automatically. If you are using Linksys Smart WiFi router, then the login page will appear differently.
After completing the process, check whether the error code still appears or not.
Fix 2: Run the Installation CD
Try to run the installation CD and check the cable that is connected with the computer and the router as well. Insert the setup CD in the proper away and check whether it is working properly or not.
Fix 3: Setup Router Without Installation CD
Another effective solution is to set up the router without the installation CD. To do so, follow the instructions that are stated here:
- At first, connect the system with the Ethernet port on the router and modem as well. Now, check the light of whether it is blinking properly or not.
- After that, open the setup page of the Linksys router and try to change the settings of the Internet connection manually.
- In the setup page, users can easily change the settings of the router. Now, enter the IP address of the router. Then, enter the username and password properly to log into your account.
- Finally, wait until the computer accesses the internet to create a wireless network. After successfully creating the wireless network, check the status of the error code.
Fix 4: Repair the Corrupted Files
A corrupted system file also creates error code 323 effectively. Therefore, you need to run the system file checker to locate the corrupted apps and repair them accordingly. To perform the steps, go through the following section:
- At first, click the Windows key and open the Start menu. After that, type ‘cmd’ in the search bar to open the Command Prompt on your device.
- Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator from the list that will appear on the screen. It will help you to open the Command Prompt in the Administrator mode. Now, type ‘sfc/scannow’ in the command box and hit the Enter button.
- It will identify the corrupted files and repair them easily. Finally, connect the router with the system and try to connect it. Check whether any error code appears on the screen or not.
Fix 5: Run the System in the Safe Mode
Another effective solution is to run your device in the Safe Mode. Hence, you need to try this method once. Perform the following steps in order to run the system in the Safe Mode.
At first, switch off the power button and then turn on the system again. Now, press the Esc button from the keyboard continuously. When the system awakes, you will find three option.
Choose the third option which says Safe Mode with Networking option and click on it. Now, your device will open in the Safe Mode. Try to install the router and check whether the error code still appears or not.
Fix 5: Disable the Antivirus Temporarily
Sometimes, simply turning off the antivirus might solve the issue. Hence, you need to disable the antivirus temporarily. To do this, launch the antivirus software on your device and move to the Settings option. Now, search for the option Turn off/on the Antivirus.
Turn off the antivirus by switching the toggle button. Restart the system and see the status of the error code.
Fix 6: Update the Windows Operating System
After performing all the steps, if the error code still persists, then you need to update the Windows OS. Hence, you need to check the Windows version. If any update is available, then download it accordingly. Follow the steps that are mentioned here to do so:
- First of all, press the Start button and type ‘Control Panel’ in the search bar. From the Control Panel option, locate the Update and Security option.
- A new window will pop-up on the system’s screen. Click on the ‘Check for the update’ option to download the updated version.
- Download the suitable update for the Windows and install it on your device. Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed further.
- Once you are done with the steps, restart the system and check whether the error code still persists or not.
By following these effective methods, one can easily troubleshoot the Linksys error code 323. Hence, without wasting any time, just apply the steps and solve the issue without any difficulties. Nevertheless, if you face any problem while performing the steps, just post your queries in the comment section below.