Port forwarding helps us to launch the ports with inbound traffic for some particular services. As an example, we can tell you that, if you are hosting any of the web servers with your LAN port, then you will be able to set up a port forwarding. This can, in addition, can help you to control the HTTP traffic.
Port forwarding is a service by which any of the gateway or other related devices can convey all of the incoming information/ traffic to an appropriate port in a private network node. If you want to use the port forwarding service in your Cisco router. And if you are looking for the methods that can help you to configure port forwarding on the Cisco Router. Then, let’s have a look at our article. Here we are going to discuss the steps of Cisco router port forwarding procedure.
How to Configure Port Forwarding on Cisco Router in Easy Steps?
If you are looking for the answer on “how to configure port forwarding on Cisco router?” Then, here we are going to provide you with what you want.
In this part of the article, we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to learn the procedure of configuring port forward on the Cisco Router. Hence, go through the steps that you come across in the upcoming part of the article to know the details on it.
If you want to forward the port/ports to some other network, then, you must need to go through two different stages.
First, your device needs to obtain a static IP address. Then, you have to configure the port forwarding feature in your Cisco router. The steps which follow, will help you to do so.
Step 1: Get a Static IP Address?
To configure the port forwarding feature in your Cisco router, you first need to assign a static IP address in your device. And for this, keep following:
- At first, go to the lower left side on your computer screen and click on the Start button. Then, click on the Search bar and write down cmd. Then, hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- After that, write down ipconfig /all in the appearing Window and hit the Enter button.
- Then, note down the subsequent digits that are registered under the network connection. Which are followed by
IPv4 Address (or IP Address)
- Now, launch the Control Panel and click on the Network and Internet option. Then, select the Network and Sharing Center, that you can find it on the left-hand side of your computer screen.
- Thereafter, click on the Change adapter settings option and right click on the Local Area Connection. Then, select the Properties option.
- Then, a list will appear on your screen and choose the Internet Protocol Version. Thereafter, again choose the Properties button.
- After that, click on the “Use the following IP address” option. Then, add the binary number 10 in the latest figure of the Default Gateway number, and then put it in the IP address field.
- Furthermore, you will need to proceed with the next step by entering the numbers of the Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS Servers. And select the OK button. Then, proceed with the next steps.
Step 2: Procedure to Configure Port Forwarding on Cisco Router
Once you are done with the step which is mentioned before, now you will be able to configure port forwarding on your Cisco router. Hence, to do this, take a glance down the steps:
- At first, you will need to open your preferred web browser on your computer. Then, write down the Default Gateway number in the address bar and hit the Enter button from your keyboard.
- Then, you will need to enter your providing username and password. This will help you to access the router’s interface.
- Thereafter, find out “Applications and Gaming,” “Advanced,” “Port Forwarding/ Port Triggering,” “NAT/ QoS,” or the tabs that are similar like these options.
- After that, you will need to access the gate that you want to launch under Internal and External. Otherwise, you can enter the range of ports that you want to launch following Start and End.
- Now, select the Protocol which is TCP, UDP, or you can select both of them.
- Furthermore, you will need to proceed with the next step by entering the static IP address that you have made before.
- Then, verify if it is Enabled or not. And go to the Application section and enter a name as per your choice. Thereafter, click on the Save button to save the changes that you have made.
- Now, you are done with port forwarding successfully.
Summing it Up
Through this article, we have provided you the method that can help you to configure Cisco router port forwarding. Follow the steps that we have mentioned through our guidance and forward your port successfully. If you have any more questions regarding this topic, then you can comment us on our comment section.