The NETGEAR ReadySHARE Vault is basically a free backup and recovery software used for the WNDR4700 Centria storage router system. It is officially developed by professional Netgear Router Support experts with user friendly GUI feature for easier backup and recovery setup system of any Windows device. The software further has strong ability to share drive copies, folders and other essential files from the Windows computer into the internal hard drive. It also transfers drive copies to the USB storage which is connected in the WNDR4700 router.
Below are various steps to use “the Readyshare Vault” software
Step1: Install the ReadySHARE Vault software
- First, users need to install the ReadySHARE Vault software from the initial router set-up.
- The next will automatically lead to the launch of the installation of ReadySHARE Vault. Since it is for the first time use, it won’t show up any “Backup”.
Step2: Working with the Back-up tab
- Click on the Backup tab to easily enable a creation process of a backup. This step will show that the software has either detected a USB drive completely or an internal hard drive which is connected with the WNDR4700.
Step3: Smart Selection
- In the “Select Files” and “Folders” section, you can easily select the backup source by using the “Smart Selection” or even you can go for manual selection process of the backup folder by clicking on the “Show My Computer”.
- Next, it will open up a window where users can select their choice of drive/folder to backup the data.
Step4: Working with “Back” option
- Netgear Router Technical Support department recommends users to click on the “Back” option to go back to the previous page once the specific folder is selected.
- For Security, the backup can also be used as a password protected which is optional to use. Clicking on “Save and Start Backup” is required to continue further.
Step4: Dashboard page
- Once the screen has completely redirected to the Dashboard page, you are asked to click on the “Backup Now” option to start the backup function.
- Once the backup is complete, users can now proceed with the test process of the “Restore” feature of the ReadySHARE Vault.
- Open the ReadySHARE Vault software and then tap on the “Restore” tab at the top location and then select the backup which was just created.
- Click on the “Next” option
Step5: Restore option
- On the “Restore” Options, one can either go for the selection process of the original location or can even go for an alternate location when restoring phase is done. Users can decide up-on whether to replace all the files or not.
- Once done, tap on the “Restore Now” button.
- At last, simply click on the “OK” button
For further queries or any issue related to Netgear routers, do give us a prompt call at Netgear Router Customer Support department to reach out to our expert technicians.