Most of the routers include a built-in firewall system that is designed to protect a network from any malicious attack. This feature is most suitable for businesses, since an unsecured network can lead to hackers accessing all of the confidential information. Therefore, firewalls block most inbound unsecured ports on a network. In case, there are computers in your office that connects to a wireless Internet via a Belkin router, then you can open ports on the Belkin router in order to make certain applications accessible. Thus, port forwarding the Belkin routers comes into play. However, if you are wondering how to perform the Belkin router port forwarding process, then this article is for you.
Hence, in this article, you will get the entire process of port forwarding the Belkin router at your office. Therefore, you can now get to the next section of the article below.
What is Port Forwarding on the router?
The Port forwarding on the router is a method of making a computer on your network accessible to other computers over the internet. It is commonly used for hosting game servers, peer to peer downloading, and voice over the IP type of applications. Moreover, there can be many more other reasons you may need to forward a port.
As you now know what is port forwarding, we will now proceed to the methods to port forward on your Belkin router.
How to Setup Port Forwarding on Belkin router?
Here in this section of the article, you will be to know the process of setting up the port forwarding feature on your Belkin router. The process is divided into three parts for your convenience, then you can have a look at the section below:
Part 1: Connecting your Windows system to the Belkin router
In the first part, you have to connect the Belkin router to your system. The steps are as follows:
- Open the Start menu and then open the Settings app. After that, you have to click on the Network & Internet option.
- Next, you have to click on the View your network properties option. Now under the WiFi section, you have to navigate to the Default Gateway option.
- Now, you have to find the router IP address. On finding it, you have to enter the same IP address in any web browser.
- Once you have entered the Belkin router IP address in the address bar, you have to hit the Enter key.
- In the next step, you have to enter the default username and password of the Belkin router home page.
- As the Belkin router home page opens, you have to navigate to the Forward Port section.
After following the first part you can proceed to the next part below.
Part 2: Connecting your Mac to the Belkin router
If in case you want to port forward using a Mac system then, you can follow this section. Hence, the steps to perform as discussed as follows:
- First of all, you have to open the Apple menu, and then you have to click on the System Preferences option.
- After that, you have to click on the Network option and next, you have to click on the Advanced option.
- In the next step, you have to click on the TCP/IP button. Now you have to see the number beside the Router heading. This number will be the IP address of the Belkin router.
- Now, you have to return to the Home screen and then follow the same process of Belkin Router login on the web browser.
- Here, you can follow the same process just as we have discussed for the Windows platform.
- As you get to the Belkin router home page, you have to proceed to the Forward Port section.
Therefore, after getting the port forwarding page for both Windows and Mac, you can proceed to the next section of the article below.
Part 3: Forwarding a Port
Once you are inside the Port forward page of the Belkin router, you can now follow the steps that are given below:
- First, you have to create a custom port forward entry. Here, you have to enter the name and type of the port forward connection.
- In the Service Type section, you have to select the TCP or UDP option or both.
- After doing that, you have to enter the Start Port number and then the End Port number.
- In the next step, you have to enter the system’s private IP address in the Private IP field.
- Now, you have to save all the settings by clicking on the Apply or the Save button. If prompted, you have to toggle on the switch beside the Port Forward.
- After that, you have to restart the system and the Belkin router in order to apply all the changes.
- Once the system and Belkin router reboots, check if you have successfully port forward the Belkin router.
So, this is how you can perform the Belkin router port forwarding feature on your own.
Rounding it Off!
To conclude, these are the three parts that will help you to perform the port forward feature of the Belkin router. This article of Belkin router port forwarding is the ultimate article that will fulfill all your port forwarding needs. Moreover, the steps in the process are simple and easy to follow. Hence, you will not face any difficulty in performing the steps. However, in case you want to get additional help, then reach us through the comments section below. Additionally, you can use the comments section for sharing your experience and feedback.