Modem routers are quite tricky to set up. Therefore, newbies and even some experienced users get confused while performing that task. Now, this setup problem applies to the Belkin n150 wireless modem router also.
Though, many users encounter various types of issue while setting it up for the first time. However, with the help of proper setup information users can avoid those problems and use their router smoothly.
Now, if you are one of those users who is facing problems while performing the Belkin N150 wireless modem router setup process then follow this article. This is because we have provided all the important steps to execute that process here. Now, without wasting any time, let’s have a look at them.
Ways for a Prompt Belkin N150 Wireless Modem Router Setup
During the router setup process, you need to follow simple and straightforward instructions in order to achieve a proper connection. In this section of the article, we have provided those steps for you. Have a look at them and apply them as instructed:
Connect the Required Devices Together
In order to execute the Belkin N150 wireless modem router setup process, the first thing you need to do is connect all the important device together properly. And to do that, follow the given steps:
- Plug-in the modem router into an AC power outlet.
- Then, connect your system with the modem router with the help of LAN or Ethernet cable. You can use any LAN port of the Belkin N150 wireless modem router to perform this task.
- However, if you are using a wireless system like Laptops then you need to use the LAN or Ethernet cable in order to execute the initial router step-up process.
After doing that, check the cables and make sure they are firmly connected with your system and modem router. Once you have done that, move on to the next step area.
Configure the Modem Router Through the Web-Based Setup Page
Now, to configure the modern router you need to launch the Administrative page of the Belkin N150 wireless modem router and to do that follow the given steps:
- Launch your desired web browser application and type the default IP address of the modem router in the address bar and hit the Enter key. Usually the default IP address is 192.168.2.1. But it can vary from router model to model, hence, we will suggest you verify the default IP address of your modem router with the help of Belkin N150 package box or official website.
- Now, in the Administrative page, the first thing you will encounter is a Login page. If you are setting up the Belkin N150 wireless modem router for the first time then you need to enter the default Username and Password. You will get them on the back of the router package box or in the provided manual box. However, if you have set up a different password for your Belkin modem router then you need to provide those credentials into their respective place and then hit the Login button or the Enter key.
Inside the Administrative Page
- The Administrative page will open up on the screen. There you need to click on the Wizard tap to enter into the Getting Started page and then click on the Next option. Instantly, the Time Zone page will appear on the browser. In that page, set the correct time zone of your region and then hit the Next button.
- After that, the network settings page will come up on the browser. There you need to enter the necessary ADSL settings which will be provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and then hit the Next button.
- On the next page, you can enter your desired wireless network name in the SSID area and wireless password in the Pre-Shared Key area. But while doing that make sure not to use any special characters such as #, @, or $ in the SSID.
Once you have done, hit the Next and Finish button in order to save the settings changes. But if you have modified any setting of your modem router then click on the Save button to apply the changes.
Test the Internet Connection
Now, the last thing you need to do is to test your Internet Connection and to do that, follow the provided steps:
- Use the ADSL cable in order to connect your Belkin N150 wireless modem router to an AC wall outlet and ADSL service.
- Then reboot the modem router and open up a browser application to check the status of the internet using a wired and wireless connection.
If everything is working fine, then you are good to go.
In the End
However, if you are facing an internet issue after setting up your modem router then it is quite possible that something is wrong with the setting and you need to rectify it in order to fix that internet issue. Apart from that, the internet issue may get created because of problems on the Internet provided side. In that case, you need to consult with them in order to resolve those issues.
We hope that our steps and suggestions are helpful to you regarding the Belkin N150 wireless modem router setup process. Now, if you need more information on this topic or other tech-related stuff then keep following our upcoming articles.