TP-Link is one of the best routers available in this professional market. It holds its position due to its exceptional features and superior connectivity. If you purchase a TP-Link router and tired of searching how to reset the TP-Link router, then you have arrived at the right page.
Here in this article, we are going to present some of the easy techniques that can help you to reset the TP-Link router. Hence, you are advised to go through the guide given below.
Step-by-Step Guidance on How to Reset the TP-Link Router:
First, you have to turn the TP-Link router on. Then, attach the ethernet cable between the blue internet port and port 1 of your TP-Link router. Connect your computer with any of the yellow Ethernet port. Then, turn on the computer. After that, have a glance at the steps stated below:
Set up the Computer
Usually, the computer will set up to obtain the IP settings automatically. But, if it’s not, then you should perform the steps given below:
- At first, move the cursor to the bottom left corner of the screen and tap on the Start menu.
- Tap on the Control Panel option.
- Navigate to the ‘Network and Internet’ section and tap on the Network Connections option.
- Choose the Ethernet option from the current and tap on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Next, you have to tap on the ‘Internet Protocol Version 4.’ Look at the bottom right side of the screen and tap on the Properties option.
- Go to the General tab. Now, you have to confirm that it is set to ‘Obtain DNS Server address automatically’ and ‘Obtain an IP address automatically.’
- Click twice on the Ethernet option and choose the ‘Details’ from the list to check if you have already set a dynamic IP address. Here, you will see that the IP address starts with 192.168.0.
Set up the Router
After setting the computer, you should go through the steps given below:
First, launch the default web browser of your computer and move the cursor to the Address bar. Then, type ‘192.168.0.1’ and hit the Enter key from the keyboard to load the Address bar.
Now, it will open the login page. Here you have to type the login credentials like the username and password in the specific field. ‘Admin’ is the username and password for most of the TP-Link router by default. Click on the ‘Log in’ button.
Once you logged into the device, it will prompt to create a strong password for your device. After successfully changing the default username and password, you will be redirected to the Quick Setup page.
Now, you have to set the Time Zone. Choose the ‘GMT+08:00’ option from the list. Tap on the ‘Next’ button to proceed further.
Thereafter, you have to choose the type of your internet connection. Choose the ‘PPPoE’ option and tap on the ‘Next’ button to proceed further. Now, you have to type the username and the password provided by your internet service provider in the particular box. Click on the Next button.
To change the settings of the broadcast network, have a look at the steps mentioned below:
- First, check the box that prompts ‘Enable Wireless Radio.’ It will enable the radio.
- Now, you will see the SSID or Network Name when you going to connect the Wi-Fi network.
- After that, you have to set a strong password. Tap on the ‘Password’ box. Type your desired password. Enter the same password on the ‘Verify Password’ box. Then, tap on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- Now, if you wish to visible the Wi-Fi network, then you should leave the ‘Hide SSID’ box unchecked.
- Now, tap on the Next button to proceed further.
As a result, it will show you a review of the information that you configured recently. If everything seems correct, then you can tap on the ‘Save’ button. Else, if you want to change something more, then move the cursor to the upper left corner of the screen and tap on the ‘Back’ button.
Now, it will transfer you to the next window. Tap on the ‘Log In Later’ option. Next, it will prompt you that you have finished the Quick Setup Procedure. Tap on the ‘Finish’ button.
As a result, it will open the Network map. Navigate to the Advanced Tab and select the ‘Network’ category from the current window. Tap on the ‘Internet’ option. Now, you have to set the size between MTU to 1492. Tap on the Save button.
As a result, it will deactivate the NAT Boost. Again, go to the Advanced Tab and tap on the ‘System Tools’ option. Now, you have to untick the box that prompts ‘NAT Boost.’ After that, tap on the Save option.
It will restart the router. Further, if you wish to restart, tap on the OK button
After restarting the router, go to the left pane of the screen and tap on the Advanced tab. Next, go to the ‘System Tools’ section and tap on the ‘Traffic Statistics’ option. Then, you have to turn it on. Tap on the Save button.
Now. you have successfully completed the setup procedure of the TP-Link router.
In the above guide, we have discussed some of the easiest steps to reset the TP-Link router. We hope if you perform the above steps in their given order, then it will surely help you to ease up your pain.
After successfully performing the above ways, if you still face any kind of trouble, then connect with a tech expert. In addition, you can also share your queries and valuable feedback through the comment box given at the end of this post.