Netgear Extender Setup [Easy User Guide]
You are thinking about installing a WiFi extender to expand your router’s coverage but the problem is you do not know the setup procedure. Netgear extender setup is a necessary requirement for extending your router’s coverage and the correct procedure to do that is what you will find in this guide.
Netgear Extender Setup Procedures
We will explain the methods for the Netgear wifi range extender setup in a detailed manner. For any further details contact our router support team.
But before knowing those procedures you have to know the primary requirements to set up the extender.
- You have to keep the extender near your home router.
- Check if the extender is getting proper power supply.
- Make sure your WiFi network is working properly.
- You should have two browsers installed on your device. You can face problems while logging into Netgear’s new extender setup from a web browser. Then you can use the second browser.
These were the necessity to install an extender. Now follow the instructions below to set up the WiFi extender in your router.
You can install the Netgear extender in two ways. Manually and using the WPS method. Here are the two methods in detail.
Netgear extender setup’s manual method is called web browser setup as well. Here are the steps for this.
- Plug your range extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Then connect the extender with the WiFi device.
- Connect to the Netgear_ext network after opening the network manager.
- Then open a web browser on your device.
- If you do not have an account, create one.
- Then you have to choose the network that you want to extend.
- Hit the Next button.
- Hit the Finish button at the end.
If you have followed the above steps correctly, you have finished the manual Netgear wifi extender setup. Now you can place the extender where you want to place it.
WiFi Protected Setup or WPS is the easiest method to set up a Netgear extender. Here are the steps for this procedure.
- Turn the extender on first.
- Press and hold the WPS button on your device.
- Then push the WPS button of the router.
- If your router has configured with your extender properly, it will indicate that with the green light.
- You have to repeat the same process for a dual-band range extender.
- Now you have to use the same passphrase as the network, after connecting to the network of the extender.
- To get the default username and password you have to check the manual of the Netgear extender.
- The setup process is done. Connect to your WiFi devices to access the internet.
Without Ethernet Port
You can find a Netgear extender that does not have an ethernet port. In this case do not get confused. You can set up your Netgear Extender manually without an ethernet port with the help of these easy steps. Go through these.
- You have to reset the extender to its default factory settings first.
- After that use the WiFI connection to connect to the extender device.
- On the next step, you need to log in to your device’s web user interface.
- After that, you will see a field of username and password where you have to put the username and default password of your Netgear extender.
- Then establish a connection with your router with the help of the steps of Netgear installation wizard.
- On the last step, to the extender, you have to connect the device one more time which is compatible with your WiFi.
Netgear AC1200 WiFi Extender Setup
This AC dual-band WiFi will deliver you up to 1200Mbps speed. Here are the methods for the Netgear ac1200 wifi extender setup. There are two ways to set up this dual-band WiFi extender. You can use the installation assistant and you can set it up using the WPS push button.
Use Installation Assistant To Setup Netgear AC1200 WiFi Extender
Use the Installation Assistant and install the Netgear AC1200 wireless extender following these steps.
- You have to place the extender near your router first.
- Plug the extender into an electrical outlet and turn it on.
- Turn your device on, go to the WiFi manager and connect to the network of the extender.
- Then open the web browser that you use.
- Login by putting the username and the password.
- When finished, you will see the Netgear installation assistant.
- Complete the Netgear AC1200 setup following the instructions on the screen of your device.
After completing this whole process you can place your extender to other places of your home, after unplugging it. One thing you have to keep in mind is that there has to be a certain distance between your extender and any radioactive devices like treadmill, washing machine, microwave, refrigerator, etc.
Now boost your WiFi with the AC1200 WiFi extender, after connecting to your devices again.
Use The WPS Push Button To Setup Netgear AC1200 WiFi Extender
If you think the above method is a bit tough, use this easy method to set up Netgear AC1200 extender. You can easily set up an AC1200 extender using the WPS button. Here are the steps to do that.
- Keep your AC1200 extender near your router.
- Now, you have to press the WPS button.
- When the router configures the extender, you will find the WPS LED light blinking.
- When the configuration process completes, you will see three green lights on the extender.
Now connect the extender to your device and boost your WiFi.
I hope with the help of these instructions, you have set up your new Netgear extender. Now boost your WiFi with it and enjoy your high-speed internet.